Dialogue



Dialogue #1
Valerie sits down at the bar just to thing (her usual thing to do) when a gorgeous hunk (played by Billy Flynn) walks in and starts a conversation….
Jared:  Name’s Jared.
Valerie:  Valerie.
Jared:  May I order you a drink?
Valerie:  Thanks.  No.
Jared:  You just sit here not drinking?
Valerie:  Got a problem with that?’
Jared:  No.
(Valerie is silently hoping, despite how sexy the guy is, that he will go away…)
Jared:  What do you do you like to do for fun?
Valerie:  Sire, I don’t even know you.
Jared:  Isn’t that what people do to get to know each other?
Valerie:  Yes.  If that’s what they want.
Jared:  Well, I just want to get to know you.
Valerie:  Sorry.  I just noticed the tie.  I have an appointment to get to.
(Valerie grabs her purse beside her and leaves Jared sitting there.)

Dialogue #2
(Valerie came back to her spot at the bar hoping Jared wouldn’t be back.)
Jared:  Why, hello again!
Valerie:  You again!
Jared:  You didn’t think you’d be rid of me so easily?
Valerie:  Kinda.
Jared:  Got news for you..I’m not that easy to get rid of.
Valerie:  I figured that out.
Jared:  So, care to start over?
Valerie:  I just won’t be able to get rid of you?
Jared:  Nope!
(As much as Valerie cared to admit, Jared was easy on the eyes.  What would it hurt to get to know this Jared person?)

Dialogue #3
(Valerie is waiting for Jared, sure that he’ll show up, but he’s later than usual.)
Valerie:  You’re late!
Jared:  Angry?
Valerie:  No.
Jared:  That’s not what your tone implies?
Valerie:  You’re just here a lot earlier?
Jared:  Oh I see.  Sorry.  Business meeting that ran late.
Valerie:  That’s o.k.
Jared:  But if it’s any consolation, I was thinking about you the time during the meeting.
Valerie:  Gee!  That’s sweet!
Jared:  So, what are you drinking?
Valerie:  You’re signature drink.
(Jared was impressed Valerie was warming up to him by ordering his drink.)
Jared:  Did you know, I came up with that drink?
Valerie:  Is that why it’s called the ‘Jared’s Delight?’
Jared:  Yeppers!
Valerie:  Well, it’s a good taste.
Jared:  Thank you.
Valerie:  Is that what you do…come up with drinks?
Jared:  Yes.  I’m in marketing.
Valerie:  So.  You invent drinks and market them?
Jared:  You got it.
 (A few minutes later...)
Jared:  So, Valerie, what do you do?
Valerie:  I’m a writer.
Jared:  What do you write about?
Valerie:  Mostly romance.
Jared:  Romance, huh?
Valerie:  Sometimes I’ll write a mystery.
Jared:  Oh, geez!  Look at the time!
(Jared heads out as Valerie waits for another chat with the mysterious Jared.)

Dialogue #4
(Valerie hadn’t heard from Jared in a couple days, but she saw him sitting in a booth at the coffee shop when she went in to get her daily latte.)
Jared:  Valerie?
Valerie:  Jared?
Jared:  Come sit down.
Valerie:  I missed talking with you.
Jared:  Me too.  But been real busy.
Valerie:  I know how that is.
Jared:  So, you been writing?
Valerie:  Yeah.  Finished my book.
Jared:  Congratulations!  What’s next?
Valerie:  Another romance novel.
Jared:  Wow!  You like romance.
Valerie:  What can I say?  I’m a sucker for romance.
Jared:  Oh, geez!  I got to go.  Nice talking with you Valerie.
(Valerie takes out her laptop and begins her new romance novel after Jared leaves.)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I Hate Every Memory

Joyous News

Writing Prompt: Black Friday Shopping Drama