On Your Birthday, I Give You My Heart
Today isn't just the day you were born,
it's the day the universe
quietly made room for someone
who would one day become
so deeply woven into my heart.
And I don't know if you'll ever truly understand
what you mean to me.
Because loving you isn't something
I can explain with a few beautiful words.
It's in the ache I feel when I miss you,
the smile that finds me when I think of you,
the warmth in my chest when I hear your name,
and the quiet moments when I close my eyes
and wish you were beside me.
You have become part of me
in ways I never expected.
You're in my thoughts when I wake,
in my dreams when I sleep,
and somewhere between the two
is where my heart seems to find you.
If I could give you something today,
I wouldn't give something wrapped in paper.
I'd give you every piece of my heart
that I have been afraid to surrender.
I'd give you my laughter,
my fears,
my hopes,
my imperfect pieces,
and every tomorrow I haven't lived yet.
I'd give you the nights
when I couldn't stop thinking about you,
the moments I wished I could reach through the
distance
just to hold you a little tighter.
I'd give you the love.
I sometimes struggle to put into words.
Because you deserve to know that you loved—not casually,
not temporarily,
but with the kind of love
that settles deep into the soul.
On your birthday,
I wish I could hold your face in my hands,
look into your eyes,
and tell you everything my heart has been too afraid
to say.
I'd tell you that you matter to me.
More than you know.
More than I can explain.
More than words will ever be able to carry.
I'd tell you that even on the difficult days,
when life feels heavy and uncertain,
there is still a part of my heart
that chooses you.
And if someday you ever question
whether someone could love you completely,
remember this birthday
Remember that somewhere
there is a heart that beats a little differently
because you exist.
A heart that misses you.
A heart that dreams about you.
A heart that wants to celebrate
every birthday you have left to live.
So today, my love,
I don't just wish you happiness.
I wish you peace when life becomes difficult.
I wish you strength when you feel weak.
I wish you reasons to smile
when the world gives you reasons to cry.
And selfishly,
I wish for more time with you.
More memories.
More laughter.
More late-night conversations.
More embraces that last too long.
More moments where the rest of the world
disappears
and it's just you and me.
Because if I had one birthday wish of my own,
it would be simple:
That I get to keep loving you.
Through every season.
Through every distance.
Through every storm.
Through every beautiful, messy, imperfect moment
that life puts in our way.
Happy birthday, my love.
Today, the world celebrates your life.
But my heart celebrates
the incredible gift of having you
to love.
And if I could whisper one final thing
into your ear tonight,
I'd say:
I don't just love you for who you are today.
I love the person you're becoming,
the memories we've made today,
the moments still waiting for us,
and every version of you
I will someday have the privilege of loving.
Happy Birthday,
my heart.
May you always remember
that somewhere in this world,
you are someone's greatest wish come true.
You are mine!!
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
XOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXOXO

Comments
Post a Comment